We all want to know the views and behaviors of consumers that have the greatest impact on email marketing.
But as an email marketer, it is easy to stop seeing email the way consumers see it.
Email Addiction Report direct download (no registration needed)
In the report you will find answers to questions like:
- What are the most attractive reasons for people to sign-up for newsletters?
- How do consumers feel about no-reply addresses?
- What is the desired frequency for brands to send offers?
- How easy is it to read emails on mobile?
- What do people expect to get after they sign up for a newsletter?
- And of course, what is the favourite channel to receive promotions? (hint: it is email)
During many years of helping Brands with their email strategy, we found that knowing how your customers interact and perceive your emails is key for successful email marketing.
1. Email is checked all the time, everywhere
There is little you can assume about the context of the reader. In the bathroom, on vacation, in restaurants, regardless of where more than a third are checking their email.
77% turn to email in a moment of boredom. 70% check their email in bed and almost equally as many immediately when waking up.
2. Over 50% of unengaged are waiting for the right moment
Why don’t customers unsubscribe from brand emails they opted-in for but mostly ignore?
The majority says it’s not because they’re no longer engaged in the brand. They are either waiting for the right offer (37%) or because they expect to buy from the brand again. (24%).
3. These are the top innovations in email marketing
What are the email marketing innovations that consumers are most interested in? 38% wants emails to include product ratings and 35% offers based on their past purchases. Consumers are looking for qualification and relevance to help the decision to click. Surprisingly the enthusiasm for location based email is high with 31% seemingly no big concern of brands being too intrusive.