Community Brands recently surveyed more than 350 small-staff association professionals to find out more about their top priorities and what makes their organizations tick. Here’s a sneak peek at the upcoming report.
What are small-staff associations thinking about their organization and their membership these days? Are they preparing for and handling growth? What are their top priorities?
These are just some of the questions Community Brands set out to answer in a recent survey of small staff (10 or fewer) associations. The survey was conducted between January and February, 2019, and responses came in from more than 350 association professionals. Of the respondents:
- Most are in a leadership position at their association
- About 70 percent have annual revenue of $1 million or less
- Most have 5,000 or fewer members
- About half of their associations’ revenue comes from membership dues.
Next month, Community Brands will share the results of this survey in an industry report that covers topics including:
- Whether small staff associations are growing or shrinking in terms of staff, new members, member retention and revenue
- Top priorities of today’s small staff associations
- Insights from the study that small associations can use to make improvements in their organization
While your association may be small, it can still face big challenges. Be sure to read this industry study of small-staff associations, and find out what’s going on behind the scenes at your peer organizations.
While you wait for the survey to be release, here are some related posts you may find useful: